Sunday, July 8, 2012

Kraft Fresh Taste

So if you are anything like me chicken is a huge part of your family's diet, and if you're anything like me you get sick of it.  Let's face it, chicken is cheap, abundant, and versatile but it gets old after awhile.  I'm constantly looking for new chicken recipes and it appears so are other people.  Chicken recipes held the number one spot in Google searches for 2011 and it is the most searched topic on Food Networks website.  Wow...we eat a lot of chicken! Whether you get your chicken from a farm or from the store (I won't judge and I will save that for another blog post entirely) you're always looking for new ideas! Well, here is where I come in, or should I say Kraft Fresh Take comes in! Kraft Fresh Take is a simple breadcrumb and cheese mixture that comes in 6 different flavors, Southwest Three Cheese, Italian Parmesan, Roasted Garlic & Rosemary, Cheddar Jack & Bacon, Chili Lime & Panko, and Savory Four Cheese and it has many uses.



So far my family has tried the Southwest Three Cheese and Cheddar Jack and Bacon.  Kraft has made these packets so simple, honestly a kid could do it! Simply follow the package directions, bake at 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes, you can use chicken, fish, or pork, make a few side dishes and you're done! There is enough mixture in these packages for approximately 4 good sized chicken breasts. I even put mine on aluminum foil on a sheet pan so cleanup is virtually nonexistent! The chicken comes out with a nice crisp exterior, moist interior, and great flavor.


The Southwest Three Cheese has a slight spice to it so I might not recommend this to people who don't like spice or people with children who don't like spicy food.  Personally, I would've added a touch more cayenne pepper for my husband and I, but I'm glad I didn't serve it to my stepdaughter! The Cheddar Jack and Bacon is simply amazing and my stepdaughter said that it was the best chicken I've served to date, not sure if that makes me happy or sad, hmmm. The other great thing about these mixtures is that you can use them for different dishes other than meat, use them on potatoes, vegetables, the sky's the limit! I hope you take a chance on these great flavors, you won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, you could sprinkle these on top of a casserole, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, yes you absolutely could! Here is a good recipe for some grilled tomatoes that you could top with this Kraft Fresh Taste mixture, the Italian Parmesan would probably work best!

    ReplyDelete